What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is sent from the website to your computer. It contains information about you as a user on the website. Different cookies have different functions from tracking popular pages to displaying the correct version of the site for your browser.
- Session cookies are only stored for the duration of your visit to the website and will be removed when the browser window is closed.
- Permanent cookies are stored for a period of time and are used to identify you when you return to the site.
First party cookies are set by the website you are viewing.
Third party cookies
Other cookies may be set if external applications or content has been used.
If this site has code from a Third Party site, the Third Party site may set Third Party cookies on your computer when:
- the page with the code is viewed, eg Asset tv, YouTube, AddThis.
- you click the link to the Third Party site eg Facebook, Twitter.
Purpose of cookies
We group cookies into the below categories.
Operating our Sites
Some cookies are essential for the operation of our Sites. This includes cookies for the following purposes:
- Access – we use these cookies to identify subscribers and ensure access to subscription only pages, including premium access.
- Performance – we use these cookies to monitor Site performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience by quickly identifying and fixing any issues that arise. For example, we might use performance cookies to track error messages, and to determine improvements to our Sites.
- Functionality – we use functionality cookies to allow us to remember your preferences. For example, we use functionality cookies to provide you with enhanced services, such as allowing you to watch a video online or comment on a blog.
How to manage cookies
Please remember that if you choose to disable cookies, certain sections of our Sites may not work properly.
For more information about cookies and how to manage them, please visit: www.allaboutcookies.org
What cookies may be on this site?
|Cookie name||duration||intrusion level||purpose|
|First party cookies|
|low||Indicates that a text-only version of the site should be displayed.|
|__utmb||session||low||These are Google Analytics cookies.
Google Analytics is used to look at the way people navigate through the site, which pages and links are popular etc to make sure that the site is effective in getting information to the site visitor. Google Analytics will not record any personal information such as your name or login details.
For more details, see Cookies and Google Analytics.